Season after season, today’s sports superstars seem to defy the limits of physical aging that inevitably sideline their competitors. How much of the difference is genetic destiny and how much can be attributed to better training, medicine and technology?
Dr Andy Galpin is a tenured professor in the Center for Sport Performance at Cal State Fullerton. Andy is an expert in muscle biology/physiology in particular muscle fiber types. In this episode you will learn:
1. Science of VO2 MAX testing for the athlete and for the general population
2. Blood Tests- what tests to order and what to look for
3. Why the most important person isn't the one who takes your blood or puts you through a test, it's the person who analyses it.
4. Sunlight and vitamin D - the truth
5. Biggest mistakes in the fitness industry in 2022.
6. Neuro Athletics- brain optimisation/ cognitive performance
7. How Andy's program starts- baseline measurements
8. Sleep science
9. Technology and wearables
10. Closing remarks
Thorne- get 20% off
Eight Sleep- get $150 off using code NEURO
You can follow me or contact me here ---
Twitter : louisanicola_
Follow ANDY GALPIN
Please leave a review on Apple iTunes!
The information provided in this show is not medical advice, nor should it be taken or applied as a replacement for medical advice. The Neuro Experience podcast, its employees, guests and affiliates assume no liability for the application of the information discussed.